Thursday 14 September 2017

Planning: Finding a location

Today, I went out to find the location that I am going to be using for my music video. Finding the perfect location for the video to be set in was not easy as their was something specific that I was looking for. The type of location that I was looking for, needed to include: 
  • A big tree
  • Oak tree
  • Isolated
  • A hill 
The location that I am going to be using, is important to the story of the music video, and it needed to be perfect for each scenario I was going to be doing. As well as this the location that I am going to be using also links to the lyrics of the song. By having the repetition in the song, it makes more of an impact on the importance of the location, and how it will change the view of the final video. 

One specific thing that I needed to include in the location, was an oak tree. Unfortunately when I was looking for a tree to use, it was not easy finding a big one on its own, which meant that it was even harder to find a big oak tree. The big oak tree is one thing in the music video that I am going to be having to make a compromise on, as otherwise I am not going to be able to find a location in time, as I am having to start filming soon in order for the draft to be done in time. 




After a day of searching for the location, I managed to come up with a couple of different possible places. The place that I have decided to use is the first image in the slideshow. The reason that I have chosen this location over other places is due to the idea that it fits most of the criteria that I was looking for, as it is placed on a big hill, with angles that don't capture anything else around it. As well as this, the location also looked the prettiest, compared to the others. Adding on to this I also feel that I am able to do more with this location, in the sense that I can capture different angels and add different situations for each character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Construction: Taking Images

Today, I went out to take photos for the digipak and magazine. The reason that I decided to do this today was because I was already looki...